As a university committed to world-class education, WKU’s reputation in the future is dependent to a great extent on its prowess in research, which can further promote excellence in education and enhance its ability to serve communities and society in general.
As a new department of WKU, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) endeavors to facilitate the research and scholarship successes of our faculty and students by creating effective cooperation between researchers and funding opportunities, marketing our research capabilities to collaborators and funding agencies, and forging institutional relationships with external stakeholders.
Establish the University as a nationally recognized research institution serving the local community, province and nation.
Advance the University’s success in research, scholarship, and innovation in support of higher education, societal benefits and economic development.
- Facilitate the research and scholarship successes of our faculty and students by creating effective cooperation between researchers, and liaise with government office and funding bodies for applications and grant management.
- Disseminate information on external funding opportunities from local, national and international sources, and creating effective cooperation between researchers and funding opportunities.
- Provide support and consultancy for grant applicators.
- Monitor the progress of funded projects and work with finance office to track all sponsored payments.
- Formulate and maintaining policies.
- Organize campus-wide research activities.
- Collect research related data and handling all research related reports.
- Establish research institutes at Wenzhou-Kean University.